Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Give-A-Way

When I first considered having this Christmas Time Friday Give-A-Way, the sheer thought of ‘giving’ brought me great joy.  I just imagined how happy the recipients would feel! How wonderful it would be to deliver this Christmas joy.  And it is. It is wonderful.
But it also bitter sweet. As I read these emails I am reminded that so many of our teachers  who are working diligently everyday for our children are desperate for the materials that they need to have their children find success.  And I wonder, does that guy over at IBM have to bring his own ream of paper into the office?  I think not.
It’s just nuts.
So to that end, I was just going to give one large item each week, but now I see: that simply won’t do. This week, I have two winners. But I would like to say that if you did not win, I will hold your email for a chance at next week’s pick. There were several truly needy teachers, that are deserving, so please check next Friday.  Also remember to spread the word! As this is my very favorite time of year, and teachers are my very favorite people. Today we have a winner from California and one from Upstate NY.
A Reading Rocks Curriculum Kit is awarded to Ms. Rothfeld -LAUSD
Reading Rocks Magnetic Literacy Games awarded to Ms. Berndt – BOCES
Merry Christmas!
To enter or enter again write me at: Blog@ReadingreallyRocks.com

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU! I have tears in my eyes! I am very grateful to you for sharing your Christmas Cheer with my students! I look forward to sharing the games with my students and my program. May you have a very Merry Christmas! :) Again, Thank you ~ Mrs. Berndt

    ReplyDelete